Keep an eye out for the latest free and paid classes, workshops and presentations that I regularly give on Personal Branding and Career Acceleration.
- This event has passed.
Personal Branding For Introverts: A Free Workshop
May 8, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
I will be co-presenting this workshop with Caitlin Fairchild where we will focus on the concept of Personal Branding, with specific techniques introverts to build and communicate their brand in order to accelerate their careers. Our aim is to equip introverts with techniques and tips to help you interview, network and navigate the world of work with confidence.
Part 1 – Personal Branding with Johnathan Maltby
Everyone has a Personal Brand, whether they realise it or not. Many people really struggle to talk about themselves as they have no idea what their Professional Identity is, which in turn makes it challenging to communicate it effectively.
The first part of the session is designed to help you start thinking about your Personal Brand and provide you with practical steps on how to start building and communicating your Brand both online and offline.
We will explore techniques to help you take control of your brand and gain clarity on your career direction.
A strong Personal Brand will position you as an authority in your domain, a person of influence and can help you achieve your career goals a lot quicker.
Participants will learn:
- The key concepts of Personal Branding
- The 3 steps to creating a strong Personal Brand
- How to leverage off your Personal Brand to accelerate your career
- How to communicate your brand in a genuine and authentic manner without sounding proud or boastful
Part 2 – Introverts in the Extroverted World of Work with Caitlin Fairchild
This workshop will assist those who identify on the introverted side of the personality scale or those who manage introverts and want to better understand their team members.
Caitlin will explain the differences between introverts and extroverts, why the world of work is the way it is, and how to better utilise your strengths as an introvert. Caitlin will also provide practical tips on interviewing, networking, attending conferences, and provide strategies on how to be authentic to yourself while succeeding in the extroverted world of work.
Students will learn:
- The real scientific difference between introverts and extroverts
- How and why the world of work traditionally favours extroverted personalities and how that has evolved into what it is like today
- The perceived strengths and weaknesses of introverts in a work setting, and how to utilise and showcase your introverted strengths more effectively within your team
- Practical tips on how to interview, network, and attend conferences/seminars
Part 3 – Bringing It All Together
Johnathan and Caitlin will toe it all together and share practical strategies to help you and your brand gain visibility
Concluding the workshop, there will be time for audience questions.